SCHOOL Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training
OUR PROMISE: SCHOOL YOGA TEACHER TRAINING WILL REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES
SCHOOL Kids Yoga & Mindfulness methods are tested across 15 years of direct experience in Los Angeles Unified School District public classrooms for effectiveness.
The expertise of the SCHOOL philosophy and methods impart mindfulness in relatable ways to:
- Enhance grounding
- Improve attention-regulation and alertness
- Draw out positive social & emotional behavior
- Reduce the stress response
By engaging the entire classroom, SCHOOL Yoga methods remind both students and teachers of the joy of learning.
IS SCHOOL YOGA RIGHT FOR ME?
We train public and private school educators by giving them simple tools to help enhance listening, focus, and cooperation within their classrooms. Our SCHOOL Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training is well-designed, practical, and coherent. Educators also learn mindfulness methods to promote their own well-being and the dignity of teaching.
All are warmly welcome. No prior yoga experience is required.
IS SCHOOL YOGA RIGHT FOR MY STUDENTS?
Our methods are suited for elementary-aged children with modifications for middle and high school youth.
WHY SHOULD I USE THE SCHOOL YOGA METHODOLOGY IN MY CLASSROOM?
- Focus for the Digital Age: We are in an era of endless distractions. Regulating attention and emotions has become an increasingly important classroom management technique—and SCHOOL offers just that.
- Spreading Calmness and Kindness: SCHOOL methods articulate the necessity to spread calmness and kindness, crucial ingredients for emotional intelligence.
- The Mind/Body Connection: A recent study of yoga and mindfulness interventions (Meiklejohn et al., 2012) has shown results in increased sense of well-being and teaching self-efficacy, as well as improved ability to manage classroom behavior and establish and maintain supportive relationships with students.
Founder & Teacher
About the Instructor
Kelly Wood, Founder of Smiling Calm Hearts Open Our Learning, Inc. (SCHOOL), has been teaching mindfulness techniques in public schools for over 15 years. She is a certified yoga teacher, experienced teacher trainer, and former studio owner. With more than 20 years experience in yoga and meditation, Kelly has created a one-of-a-kind mindful movement program that enhances the physical, mental, emotional, and social development of children. Her signature SCHOOL Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training is praised by public school teachers as effective centering methods for both teachers and students - creating more caring positive classroom settings. In 14 years of teaching, Kelly has accumulated more than 25,000 hours working with adults and children.
Contact Kelly Wood: